Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Can I check my GMail account using my SBCGlobal.net account without using an e-mail Client?

I do not use an e-mail client. I would like to be able to have my SBCGlobal.net e-mail address automatically retrieve messages (and place them in a folder) from my GMail e-mail address. I have enable POP in my GMail account, and I have added the GMail e-mail address in my SBCGlobal.net "Mail Accounts" settings. I CAN correctly send messages, however, I receive an error when trying to retrieve messages.
Can I check my GMail account using my SBCGlobal.net account without using an e-mail Client?
You need to set-up external POP3 configuration in your SBCGlobal.Net mail account if it's possible. You will need to add hostname (gmail pop3 server), your login and password. And voila - SBCGlobal.net should download all your mail locally. To place it in a different folder you will need to set-up a rule or filter. I hope this helps you.

No comments:

Post a Comment